The MD Consultants' team have extensive experience of working with school governing bodies and single convertor academies to large multi-academy trusts. Support is tailored to your specific needs but might include some areas outlined in the table below:
- Academy Conversion – MD Consultants has extensive experience of project managing both convertor and sponsored academies.
- Governance – The team have extensive experience of working with school governing bodies and single convertor academies to large multi-academy trusts.
- Procurement – Undertaking tendering on your behalf to ensure the trust is operating correctly and equally importantly is free from any charges of self interest.
- Regulatory Review – As their own admissions authority Academy Trusts have wide-ranging responsibilities and accountabilities for admissions.
- Support – MD Consultants will answer any questions you may have and ensure you feel supported throughout the process to completion.
MD Consultants has developed a framework for the self-evaluation of multi- academy trusts. This tool has been developed through extensive work in setting up and supporting trusts, and in response to an increasing degree of scrutiny of trusts from the DfE, the media and Ofsted.
The framework focuses on the work of the trust itself rather than on the academies and looks at five key areas of operation:
- Trust rationale and purpose,
- Academy improvement,
- The provision of central services
- The Trust's management of its assets.
The tool can be used as a health check, to assist with strategic planning or to assess whether there is a common view of the work of the trust amongst stakeholders.